Become a Member
Our credit union is for people, not for profit!
Members of a credit union enjoy many benefits, including:
No fees – Free Services – Convenience – Community Benefits
- There are no account fees, maintenance costs or charges
- We have a range of financial services available and free services for members
- Competitive loan interest rates
- Encouragement and advice on a regular savings programme
- Return on your savings through annual dividends and loan interest rebate
- Pay into your savings or pay off your loan in the office, by Standing Order, bank transfer or Chip & Pin
- Death Benefit Insurance – eligible members may opt in or out
- Loan Protection and Life Savings Insurance at no direct cost to eligible members
How do I Join?
Joining is Easy! To be eligible for membership of Kilkeel Credit Union you must be living within our common bond area.
The common bond is the factor which unites all the members of Kilkeel Credit Union — it is what all members have in common i.e. where they live. Because of the common bond, all members have the good of their credit union at heart; they know and trust each other.
You need to present 2 forms of identification to join and a minimum of £5 plus £1 membership is needed to open an account and keep it activated.
Please contact the office to check what are acceptable forms of identification.
Contact us today re. membership application or visit the forms area of our website to download the application form here.